Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fabulously Tasty & Easy Grilled Panini Sandwiches!!--(don't know the real name)



My Mom made these for me when we visited this summer, and I've made them a million times since then. No more leftover peanut butter sandwich crusts for me for lunch!! These are almost as easy as the PB & J that the kids request so often. I PROMISE you will love these! Just make sure the first time you make them you use the ingredients from below--then experiment later.

* Sliced sourdough bread loaf (have tried it with other kinds of
bread--sourdough is the best.)
* sliced chicken deli meat (every time I've made it I've just used the kind
that comes in a big variety pack from Costco-can use the turkey too.)
* Provolone Cheese (Costco also sells a pack of sliced provolone)
* Fresh spinach
* Italian Salad dressing
* melted butter and olive oil mixed together--equal parts

All you do is put a slice of provolone, several slices of deli meat, and a layer of the fresh spinach, between your two slices of sourdough bread. Brush the butter/olive oil mixture on the outside of your sandwich and toast on your griddle, or frying pan etc (like your making a grilled cheese sandwich) until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. When sandwich is done browning, open it up and drizzle on some Italian dressing. They are good without the dressing too. Cecy let me borrow her panini maker and they are really fun to make using that as well--I think the lines on the sandwich just might make them taste better!
The picture I took of the sandwiches I made without the panini maker.
This is my first post!! I really have had good intentions!
Miss you guys!
Luv,
Heather

4 comments:

Cecy said...

You should all try them, they really are delicious!!! Kathy, I love what you've done with the place!

Kathy said...

Hey! So excited that people actually look on this thing! And even post stuff!! Yay Heather!!

I LOVE paninis, I have to say. In fact, I just had one tonight: just cheese, salami, red pepper and kalamata olives. I've never done the Italian dressing deal. Sounds good! I don't have a panini press but I do have a George Forman grill and it makes those nice little grill marks.

I could ALWAYS go for a panini! Thanks, Heather!

Maria said...

My favorite panini is mozzerella, panchetta, and fresh basil (gotta love Trader Joe's), but I am going to try this next. Thanks, Heather.

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Hmm, sounds good. As strange as it is, I've never had a Panini... I need to branch out!

Kathy, this is my email so you can add me on. - lkaeyre@gmail.com

thanks!