Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fun with Fondant!





I have only heard scary stories about fondant, how hard it is to make, how it doesn't even really taste good etc. Then my mom had told me about this Marshmallow fondant recipe that was supposed to be just as good as regular fondant to work with (she had never tried it,) I decided to give it a shot, and I was VERY happy with the results!!! All that is in it is marshmallows, a little water and powdered sugar!! It is supposed to taste better (I cannot fully testify of this as I have never eaten regular fondant--but my kids kept snitching it while I was making the cake) and it was really quite easy to make, and so fun to play with. I have new hopes and ideas for future birthday cakes now that I feel comfortable with this fondant recipe. The possibilities are endless!! Give it a try!!
P.S. Definitely not as tasty as Cecy's cupcakes below though!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my Goodness! You just got me so excited to make this fondant! I love the look of fondant but it ain't especially tasty!

Thank you so much, Heather! I'm totally going to try this come next cake!!

Kathy said...

And this cake it beeeeautiful!!! You did a fabulous job!