Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sunday Sundae's

Hello Ladies...so I'm using this food blog to share an idea that a good friend of mine came up with. No worries, it has food as a reward! I called mine "Give me a Sunday Five", my friend is calling her's "Special Sunday Seven" (she is having her kids do seven, and I'm having my kids do five). I have a list of things that my kids can do on Sundays to earn an ice cream sundae. It's to help us do "Sunday worthy" activities while doing things that I also want to see happen, like, journaling, article of faith memorizing, etc. We have done it for one Sunday, and I think this program will become a staple in our family--talk to me in 3 months and see if we are still doing it. Isn't that how long it takes to form a habit???

Here is the poster I made to hang on our fridge:


I love getting good ideas from good people...which I believe you all to be. Perhaps you could share your ideas about mothering, family, life, etc with me through this blog. Is that even allowed Kathy B.?? Can I open our blog up to good ideas (we could call it Bear Canyon Good Ideas!)

2 comments:

Holly Park said...

Love it, Kristine--great idea. Maybe I'll use it on Matt until the boys can participate:).

Cecy said...

THAT is a great idea!!! I'm so glad you shared!