Saturday, September 13, 2008

One good thing and one...not so much

So I had a success and a miss-fire this week.

I love using the EverydayFoods little magazine and, thanks to Summer for a tip about a smaller binder with plastic sleeves, I have the recipes I like ripped out and nicely organized. Both my mistake and my success come from this Everyday Foods, which is odd because I've loved everything that I've made from it.

The Bomb: (and not in the cool "yer-the-bomb" sort of way. The "this-really-sucks" way.)

Spinach-feta Turnovers pg 68 of some month this year. I love the thought of turnovers. Yummy deliciousness nicely packed inside a crusty buttery pocket. The pastry shell was very good but that's easy: It was a frozen puff pastry you buy in the freezer section, I mean, you can't go wrong with that. But the stuff inside: not so good, in fact yuck! With spinach and feta cheese really the only two things, it was nasty. But what really ticked me of was the assembling of these stupid turnovers! Rolling them out not big enough, sticking too much filling so it oozed out the side, the egg wash it called for did NOT make the edges stick together. So NO THANK YOU, to this recipe!

Success!
Angel Hair Pasta with Bacon and Peas
Did you go to the brunch at the park on Friday? If not, you MISSED out!! Lots of good food for the taking! And this was one of 'em, thank you very much!...Okay, it was super easy and I had all the stuff so I really don't get much credit. Here's a link to the recipe. LINK I didn't use fresh angel hair pasta and next time I won't use angel hair at all. It's too delicate and fragile...like me...ahhh. I need something a little heftier and strong...like me! HA! Anyway, it was good and some of you had it!

So what have you made lately? Any that really tasted bad?

1 comments:

Summer said...

Thanks for the complement Kathy, you're fabulous!