Thursday, July 31, 2008

Weird Pizzas but still yummy!

Last month, I made a few out-of-the-ordinary pizzas and I thought I'd share them with you along with the pizza dough recipe that is from Maria not me and it comes out perfect every time I make it! So I had to share it but Maria gets the credit! :)

This first pizza had grilled green onions and asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes with ricotta cheese. Very good and tasty. I love asparagus! The second one (no photo) had goat cheese, balsamic vinegar and caramelized onions. Different but still good and fun to try. Caramelizing onions is not like sauteing onions. I sliced five, yes five!, onions and put them in a medium heat pan with butter and a little oil. On medium heat, they just kept braking down and caramelizing but it does take long time. I also add a tablespoon of brown sugar for every onion. Anyway, it was tasty and interesting.

Okay, here's Maria's Bread sticks recipe that I use for a thick pizza crust in a cookie sheet.

Maria's Bread Stick

1 T. yeast
1 1/2 c. water
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3 - 3 1/2 c. flour
1/4 - 1/2 c. butter
Heat oven to 375. Dissolve yeast in water and add other ingredients. Kneed for 3 min. and let rest for 10 min. Melt butter on cookies sheet in the oven. Roll dough and cut into strips. Place on cookie sheet and roll in butter. Sprinkle with garlic and Parmesan. Let raise for 15-20 minutes and bake for 20 minutes.

1 comments:

Maria said...

Kathy - I have used the breadstick recipe so many times since I packed my cookbooks. Thanks for posting it.