Monday, October 6, 2008

Hot Almond and Cream Drink

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
2 tsp almond extract
ground nutmeg

In a saucepan over heat, cook and stir butter and sugars for 12-15 minutes or until butter is melted. Pour into a large mixing bowl; add ice cream and extract. Beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, scraping the bowl often.

To make one serving: Spoon 1/4 cup mix into a mug; add 3/4 cup boiling water and stir well. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve immediately. Yields 2 cups mix.

I found this recipe the taste of home magazine and it sounds delicious. The last few days have been cold and I thought it would be appropriate for the season.

1 comments:

Kathy said...

this sounds so yummy! I love HOT drinks....yeah, yeah, not coffee, well, I would drink coffee because I like the flavor but I don't drink it. I do like every other warm drink I can get my hands on.

I'll definitely have to try this one.

Thanks, Summer!