Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

I made these tonight and my pickiest eater said "this is a really good dinner mom!" he even remembered them from the last time I made them which was a while ago. Really easy, and a nice alternative to all the frozen-not as good for you-chicken nuggets.

Breading

2 cups cornflake crumbs
2 tsp instant chicken boullion
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 T Italian herb seasoning
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder


Crush cornflakes in food processor to make them nice and fine. Add all other ingredients, and mix. Coat chicken pieces (nugget sized or strips.) Place on oven sprayed baking sheet (I forgot to do this tonight and it was fine--they stuck just a little.) I used three small breasts tonight and still have more than half of the crumbs left. You can place extra crumbs in the fridge to be used later.
Cook on 425 for 12-15 minutes. I usually cut open a thick piece to make sure they are done. I hope you enjoy!! Ketchup is a must! Barbecue sauce is good too!
--Just for the record, I wanted to share these even before I knew about sweepstakes #2!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Yeah, yeah, Heather we all know how you roll! You just want the itunes goodie! :)

Those nuggets sound so tasty! "Nuggets" is such a funny word, huh? Nuggets, nuggets, nuggets!

Heather said...

Have you seen the movie "Surf's Up?" It's one of the thousand penguin movies that came out a while ago, but Curt and I really like it--ANYWAY . . . there is a good use of the word "nugget" in that movie. It is a great word. Gook luck with your nuggets everyone!

Jocelyn said...

These look great. We're planning on making them soon!

Cecy said...

I hate chicken nuggets, but these are no ordinary nuggets! We tried them and love them!