Thursday, February 19, 2009

White Chili

I don't know if all of you long time New Mexico residents have made this chili... (it has green chile in it), but we just started making it and love it!! I have to thank Kristen S. for showing me this little gem in our family cookbook! This chili is perfect for a cold day, and a great alternative to your everyday chili.

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2- 15 oz. cans of great northern beans
1-14 oz. can of chicken broth
2- 4 oz. cans of green chiles
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 C. sour cream
1/2 C. milk

Dice chicken into 1/2 inch cubes. In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chiles, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and milk. Serve immediately.

* Just a note: I don't put in a lot of cayenne pepper just so my 2 year old can eat it, I also switch out the milk for whipping cream (healthy I know), we also like to serve it with tortilla chips and cheese.... Enjoy!!

1 comments:

Kathy said...

love chili! And love white chili!

Thanks, Katie!