Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chocolate Graham Cracker Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow

I think these are the best cupcakes I have ever made, and they tie with Sprinkles chocolate coconut cupcake for the best cupcake I've ever eaten. I wasn't sure if I should attempt to make these becuase they looked a little complicated. It is more work than a cake mix and store bought frosting but TOTALLY WORTH IT! It's not hard, just a little time consuming. So if you are in the mood for fancy, these are the cupcakes for you!

I got the recipe from Martha Stewart and the link is below. Enjoy!

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/chocolate-graham-cracker-cupcake-with-toasted-marshmallow

p.s. I did not toast the marshmallow becuase I don't own a kitchen torch. They still tasted good and looked fine too!

7 comments:

Heather said...

UMMMM, I ate two of them at the baby shower, and two more (which were supposed to be for my family) after I came home!!! Yes, they're that good!! That is the best kind of frosting too--my mom used to make it a lot when I was a kidlet.

Kathy said...

They sound so good! And this gives me one other reason why I should get myself a kitchen torch. This and creme brulee. Have you made creme brulee? I say if you have more than one recipe that calls for a unique kitchen tool that you are justified in buying it! Right?! :)

Kathy said...

They are SO CUTE, TOO!

Kristine said...

My first request after you move back is for you to make some of these cupcakes for ME! (I think it is suppose to be the other way around...me making something for the new person in town)

Cecy said...

I can't bake if I can't share so it's a deal! As soon as my kitchen is set up!

Jocelyn said...

I want one too?! They look so good. I might not be able to hold out on making them before you get home though. I love your baking/cooking, Cecy. You are amazing.

Cecy said...

Jocelyn, remember who taught who how to make divinity, and marshmallow, and other things?! YOU are amazing! You shouldn't hold out, they are so good you can have them many, many times!