Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Maria's Clam Chowder

Hi All!

Tonight I went to a Soup-n-Swap for our Enrichment Night. Very fun! I brought a clam chowder. A recipe Maria gave to me in 2005! It is very delicious and I noticed that it wasn't here so I'll copy her recipe so you clam chowder lovers can try it. YUM! Thanks, Maria! I have so many of your recipes that I now use on a regular basis. You are very talented!

I miss ya'll!...Except for those of you I don't know...cuz...I don't know you.:) Anyway, enjoy!

Bratten's Boston Clam Chowder

2-6 1/2 oz. minced clams
1 c. onion, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
2 c. potatoes, diced
3/4 c. butter
3/4 c. flour
1 quart half and half
1 1/2 t. salt
a few grains of pepper
1/2 t. sugar
Drain juice from clams and pour over vegetables in med. saucepan. Add enough water to barely cover and simmer, covered, over med heat until potatoes are tender. In the meantime, melt butter, add flour and blend and cook a minute or two. Add cream and cook and stir until smooth and thick, using a whisk to blend. Add undrained vegetables and clams and heat through. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Glad you like it. We just pulled some out of the freezer to eat recently, too.

Kristine said...

we miss yiu too kathy