Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tomato Alphabet Soup

I got the basic recipe for Tomato Alphabet Soup at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/50-easy-soups-1--10/index.html, but I found it a little bland so I doctored it up and we really like it. Here is what I do:

  • Brown 1/2 pound hamburger with some onion and minced garlic, drain off the fat if needed.
  • Add three cups chicken broth and two cups tomato juice and bring to a boil.
  • Add as much oregano as you would like.
  • Adjust taste to your liking with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, more oregano, basil--or whatever sounds good to you!
  • Add 1/2 cup alphabet pasta and cook until tender. (I couldn't find alphabet pasta so I just found a small pasta and used it).
  • I also like to throw in some fresh or frozen spinach when the pasta is just about finished.
  • Serve with grated parmesan if desired.
The above website is a link to 50 easy soups. I like a lot of the others too and recommend taking a look through them. This recipe is number #31 on the list.


0 comments: