Friday, June 20, 2008

Two Recipes I tried from the Blog

I just wanted to let you guys know that I tried two recipes from our blog here and they were both super tasty!

I made that Honey-Soy Glazed Chicken that Summer put in and it was SOOO easy and yummy! It was the first time that my boys had drumsticks and they LOVED eating with their hands. I did forget to salt and pepper the chicken before cooking but I threw it on afterwards. I also think it would be easier (not in clean-up though) to NOT put foil on the bottom of the pan because I ripped the foil anyway basting the legs and most of the good sticky honey was under the foil anyway. I bought more legs for trying the recipe again so Scott can have some. (He was out of town.)
Here's a photo of our Father's Day meal. Steak sandwich, twice baked potatoes, sauteed Brussel sprout. The perfect ending to this meal was the Creme Brulee (shown in front of the sandwich)! I loved it! It's the recipe Jocelyn made for me. Not that hard, like 3 or 4 ingredients and soooo good. Why haven't I made this like five years ago!?

You should all try both! Thanks Summer and Jocelyn!!

2 comments:

Kristine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T.Jay and Julie said...

Hey guys,
Just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for keeping such a fun blog. I visit this frequently for new cooking ideas. Thanks Kathy for intoducing me to Bear Canyon Good Eats!